Thailand is full of shopping centres where one would be spoilt for choice as he can explore popular international luxury brands. Thailand boasts an amazing bunch of luxury shopping centres and all the top branded outlets. Luxury Travel in Thailand, with its ever-increasing popularity and demand for Luxury shopping, is leading to an increasing number of Luxury shopping outlets to address the demand of people for more places where they can shop and dine.
In Thailand, going to the mall is a full-on activity. With the hot and humid atmosphere, wandering around the city seems downright oppressive at times. The shopping malls are a complete contrast. They offer plenty of cool air with lots of places to sit and relax. It is not only shopping that goes on in these malls. One can enjoy world-class spa treatments, eating, drinking, and all of the best designer shops, not to mention cineplexes, ice rinks, gyms, and plenty more there.
Thus, while travelling in Thailand, whether one wants to look for some souvenirs, get a wardrobe refresh or just have a good time – these shopping destinations are definitely a must-go.
- Gaysorn– Gaysorn Shopping Centre, an upscale mall featuring well-known foreign and local companies, is located in the famous Ratchaprasong shopping district and intersection. It is located directly off Erawan Shrine and Central World Shopping Mall. It is strategically connected to the BTS Skywalk. The nearest BTS Station is BTS Chit Lom Station, which is just a stone’s throw away from the mall.
The luxury shopping mall comes with five levels with over 100 shops with an area of 12,600 square metres. One can find many luxury stores such as Luis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci, and all the most noted names are represented here. Also, Thailand’s top creative designers such as Sretsis and Senada Theory are here.
The brands’ outlets, the opulence, and the innovative and classy infrastructure of the mall curated with marble and chrome would surely amaze any visitor visiting the mall. For someone who loves to shop for high-class luxury brands, this shopping place is absolutely ideal. The mall is usually not crowded as it caters to the high-end market and thus has a peaceful aura of its own. There are plenty of chic cafes where shoppers can take a break from the chaos of the busy Ratchaprasong Junction outside.
- Siam Paragon – Siam Paragon is a popular shopping mall in Bangkok and one of the largest in Asia. Siam Paragon is a shopper’s dream. It is centrally located in Bangkok’s city centre with easy access to the BTS main Skytrain station of Siam. Siam Paragon is also close to the popular MBK Centre, another Bangkok shopping oasis.
Siam Paragon is huge in size featuring a 15-theatre multiplex cinema which includes Asia’s largest screen, the Siam Ocean World, which is Southeast Asia’s largest aquarium, a bowling alley, a concert hall, and of course, the gigantic multi-floor mall that is home to hundreds of retail outlets of luxury brands, car dealers, food court.
Apart from these Siam also has the best gourmet market in the kingdom. One can buy virtually any type of food here, from freshly imported seafood to gelato to fine wines from around the globe.
The cinema includes an IMAX theatre and stays open well past the mall’s closing hours.
3. Central Embassy – Central Embassy is the one of relatively newest opulent luxury shopping malls in Bangkok. Locals call this the ‘hi-so’ (high society) mall due to its luxury status. It opened in 2014. It is located on Ploenchit road.
Central Embassy is named after the former British embassy gardens upon which it sits. This mall is futuristically designed and made out of shimmering aluminium tiles. It seeks to pay homage to Thai temple design while at the same time merging a podium and tower into one coiled structure.
Central Embassy offers luxury brands like Chanel, Gucci, Hermes, Moschino, Prada, Versace and more. This contemporary-designed mall is spacious and it is very comfortable to walk around and shop. There is a luxury food court on the lower ground and a high-end cinema and restaurants on the top floor.
In addition to the luxury shopping, there are plenty of great eating options, led by renowned names like Din Tai Fung (Shanghai dumplings), the Water Library, and Sonboom Seafood. There is also a hi-tech cineplex. Construction is on the way for a new 6-star hotel that will be one of Bangkok’s finest. The latest opening here is an open plan area up on the top floor which features a beautiful art book shop, surrounded by pleasant places to sit and eat and drink, called Open Space. This offers a relaxing and well-designed spot to spend some quality time.
- EmQuartier – The EmQuartier mall is Bangkok’s newest and perhaps most luxury shopping mall. It is built as part of an expansion to the already existing Emporium. The Emquartier is located in the commercial EM District in Bangkok together with The Emporium and the EmSphere. It is located directly at the Emporium Shopping Mall and opened in 2015. The district is planned to feature several malls, of which the EmQuartier is the latest. Hundreds of worldwide name brands in fashion and beauty can be found here, from Luis Vuitton to Issey Miyake to Diane Von Furstenburg, Jimmy Choo, and much more of the league. During Christmas, they offer good deals and make good business. There Is always a festive atmosphere with music playing and colourful lights flashing.
The most interesting thing about EmQuartier is the architecture. The mall consists of three buildings and each of them is of a different theme. To complement the shopping experience one can have lunch or dinner at a high-class restaurant called ‘Helix’.
The Helix Zone of the mall is filled with every restaurant imaginable, from Mexican to New England seafood, to tons of Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Thai options. There is an inexpensive food court as well. In addition to shopping, the mall has a luxury fitness centre, a multiplex cinema and IMAX theatre, a gourmet food market, and even a waterfall! The Virgin Active Fitness gym here boasts an altitude training room and the highest state-of-the-art training facilities if one needs to burn more calories after shopping.
- Central Phuket Floresta – Central Phuket Floresta is a massive extension of the Central Festival and the two wings combined cover an immense surface.
The ground floor is mostly dedicated to luxury flagship brands with luxury names like Gucci, Hermès, Bvlgari, Prada, Dior, Balenciaga, Coach, Michael Kors etc. On the ground floor, occasional car sales and seasonal events are held. Further in the back is the department having all the luxury cosmetic brands. The lower floor houses a vast and very well-supplied supermarket, including a wine cellar, a food court, and a selection of excellent local restaurants.
Central Phuket Floresta has a few other attractions apart from luxury stores. Aquaria is a gigantic aquarium that features Andasi, an excellent high-end restaurant. Next to it is an interactive 3D museum. Tribhum is a walk-through adventure theme park. It is an interactive and quite complicated mythical world. Central Floresta is also great for kids with the Happy Kids Club, just next to the aquarium, with plenty of playgrounds and activities designed for the children.
- Icon Siam – Bangkok’s latest mall Icon Siam is one of the most popular shopping centres near the riverside. Locals have named this “The Mother of All Malls” since it includes over 500 stores and 100 restaurants from over 30 different countries. The super-luxury brands like Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Prada, and Cartier are all found here. Bangkok’s latest mall Icon Siam is truly a magnificent, opulent structure with over 500,000 square meters of space. As per reports, some 50 billion baht was spent on creating Bangkok’s most impressive shopping space. It is an absolute delight for shopping visitors.
Icon Siam was created by the same designers who designed EmQuarter and Siam Paragon. The Siam Takashimaya, a branch of the 180-year-old Japanese luxury mall Takashimaya Group, is housed in a section of the mall. The mall features a seven-story Takashimaya Japanese department store, two luxury condominium towers, an endless array of restaurants and eateries, and fitness clubs. It even has an indoor floating market, paying homage to the traditional Thai way of commerce. Thailand’s first Apple store can be found here. When one gets tired of shopping, he can even get a dose of culture at the National Heritage Gallery museum which is also housed inside the complex. There is a 3,000-seat cinema and concert hall, and pretty much round a clock light and fountain show outside.
The free shuttle boat from Saphan Taksin BTS Station to IconSiam along the Chao Phraya river completes the wonderful experience.
- Emporium – Emporium is a luxury shopping mall located in the commercial EM District in Bangkok together with The EmQuartier and the EmSphere. Opened in 1997, it is one of the established luxury shopping malls in Bangkok. It is located opposite the brand new EmQuartier shopping mall. One can find many luxury designer brands as well as luxury jewellery brands in Emporium. Some of the brands that are found here include Bvlgari, Chanel, Cartier, Dior, Gucci, Cartier, Fendi and more.
There are also other popular shopping malls that offer many International brands such as Central World Bangkok, Siam Center and Siam Discovery Mall.
We at Travel Motivations are here to help you out to guide you through the best shopping experience as a part of our expertise in Lifestyle Services under the Luxury Lifestyle Concierge Services. We surely hope that you would enjoy shopping in these luxury shopping malls.