Thailand has a long history of massage and holistic care. Combine this element with hospitality, spread at some spectacular settings, along with a side serving of the world’s best food, – one would just happen to have some of the most unique spas in Thailand and wellness retreats on the continent. The experts here aim to reach areas which do not cover beauty aesthetically so to speak but the overall integrated approach in beautifying, cleansing, and detoxifying whilst maintaining a balanced wellness approach.
Without holistic healing elements involved apart from science, one cannot offer improved health and well-being. Just as people advocate consistent yoga practice – along with specific poses, in particular, the same applies when it can offer a boost to the beauty and glow on our face.
Whether a person is exhausted, fighting a sudden breakout or just in need of a moisturising infusion for the skin, a great facial treatment is a perfect way to look and feel the best. From indulgent remedies to technological treatments that will take care of any pesky fine lines, luxury treatments are the most effective options around. One need not be born beautiful but can acquire a beautiful approach to being supple, glowing and having flawless skin by treating ourselves inside out.
Discussed below are eight dimensions of wellness.
Mental Wellness – Looking after your mental health, activities can include practising gratitude, positive affirmations, mindfulness and limiting social media
Physical Wellness – Taking care of the body, including proper nutrition, hydration, hygiene and exercise
Emotional Wellness – Managing stress, coping with difficult emotions and cultivating mindfulness are all ways to create emotional wellness
Intellectual Wellness – Practising in activities that spark mental stimulation. This could include reading, taking a class, creating art or taking up a hobby.
Spiritual Wellness – Learning the core beliefs and values and using them to guide life decisions
Environmental Wellness – Creating an environment that cultivates happiness and promotes safety
Social Wellness – This means nurturing friendships, marriage and bonding with kids
Financial Wellness – Getting the finances on order and ensuring that one has enough to cover expenses and live the lifestyle he wants
It is understood that one cannot have total wellness if he ignores any one of these dimensions.
The recent pandemic COVID-19 has given everyone time to introspect and to think more clearly to count on things and matters which are important. Four core areas that need attention are as follows:-
1) COLON HYDROTHERAPY: Colon Hydrotherapy, also known as colon cleansing, a colonic, or colonic irrigation is a procedure in which large amounts of water are flushed through the colon in order to support detoxification, boost energy, relieve abdominal pain and support the immune system. Some of the benefits of Colon Hydrotherapy are:
- Improves bowel movements and keeps them regular
- Improves digestion
- Boosts the immune system
- Alkalises the body
- Increases the energy and mood
- Clearer and brighter complexion
- Assists in weight management
- Hydrates the body
2)LYMPHATIC & AYURVEDA MASSAGES: In Lymphatic massage, the body feels like being rubbed because the goal is to stimulate the lymph system in the body to work better.
Lymphatic massage can treat:
- Interference with the lymph glands
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Frequently migraine/vertigo
- Urinary incontinence
Some of the benefits that can be achieved with consistent Ayurveda massages (as they promote) are general health and aids in stiffness, stress, and body imbalances. Apart from that, it relieves mental and physical stresses on the muscles and mind. It also penetrates deep into the cellular level releasing toxins.
The Benefits of doing Lymphatic & Ayurveda Massages are:
- Decreased pain and tightness
- Decreased stress levels
- Increased flexibility
- Stronger immunity
- Promotes sleeping pattern
- Increased overall well being
3)REVERSING THE SIGNS OF AGEING :
It is not possible to completely reverse ageing; it is the process of life. However, one can slow down the process and help prevent age-related diseases by living a healthy lifestyle as he gets older and using treatments that help slow the physical signs of ageing.
There are also cosmetic procedures that can slow down ageing that people may refer to when they talk about how to reverse ageing.
4)INFRARED SAUNA THERAPY & HALOTHERAPY: Bespoke detoxification treatments at various luxury spas and wellness centres cover Infrared Sauna Therapy & Halotherapy .
The hotter temperature felt during Infrared sauna treatment helps lower blood pressure and increase blood circulation. It gets the heart to beat faster, raises the metabolism a little bit, and burns calories. When one sweats, toxins are released through the skin, the benefits of which are
- Detoxification and Relaxation
- Improve blood circulation and Lower blood pressure
- Anti-ageing and skin purification
- Weight loss
- Wound healing and Pain relief
The calming and detoxifying effects of this Therapy can support the immune, nervous and lymphatic systems. Additional benefits are reduced stress and headaches, increased energy, and better sleep patterns. Salt ions purify the air and may increase lung capacity and reduce physical ailments for adults, children, and athletes. Treatments are recommended to help keep the body healthy during flu or allergy seasons.
The most common conditions treatable with salt therapy are:
- Asthma in both children and adults
- Ear infections, Acute Otitis Media (AOM)
- Allergies (particularly Rhinitis or Hay Fever)
- Acute or Chronic Bronchitis (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cold and Flu Symptoms
- Cystic fibrosis
- Dermatitis (including Contact Dermatitis, Eczema, and Psoriasis)
A regular skincare routine is necessary to help one maintain overall skin health and improve specific problems such as acne, acne scars, freckles, melasma, dark spots, or even wrinkles. Good facial treatment is one of the ways to effectively restore the skin. Discussed below are the top ten Luxury facial treatments that one might try while in Thailand.
- Biologique Recherche Second Skin Facial Treatment – The Second Skin Facial Treatment is specially designed to stimulate the synthesis of collagen and optimise cell renewal. Using French cosmetology from Biologique Recherche and the latest skincare technology, the facial starts with a deep cleanse and the application of P50 exfoliating lotion. The skincare specialist will then apply sterile electro-spun hyaluronic acid, which targets fine lines and wrinkles. To finish, serum seconde peau and crème masque vernix facial moisturiser will be delicately massaged into the complexion.
- Hyatt Signature Anti-Ageing Facial – Using the legendary age-defying formula from Comfort Zone, i.sawan Residential Spa & Club’s Signature Anti-Ageing Facial is a one-stop solution to dull, troubled skin. Combining cutting-edge science and mother nature’s goodness, Comfort Zone has developed a line of skin foods that would meet one’s anti-ageing needs. With the brand’s peel pads and innovative firming bi-phasic mask, the full 90 minutes of skin renewal procedures will let your skin feel nourished and plumped again. This is an ideal facial for those with dry skin, tired complexion or ageing concerns.
- Aura Bright Facial – An intensive, four-step treatment, the Aura Bright Facial is guaranteed to leave one’s skin glowing with radiance. The one-hour session begins with an enzyme-peeling treatment which helps remove dead skin cells. The second step involves electroporation, a therapy that splits open skin cells with electrical pulses and allows optimal product absorption later. Cryotherapy then follows, and this cooling treatment helps decrease skin inflammation, increases cell rejuvenation and reduces signs of ageing. The facial then ends with a gold collagen mask that helps plump up the skin and revive one’s natural glow.
- Hydration Ritual Express – Healthy, hydrated skin is what everyone wants to get from a facial treatment. After a lavish 60-minute Hydration Ritual Express facial one would probably find this wish granted. Best described as a moisturising bath, the facial kick-starts with a deep cleanse and clarifying exfoliation which guarantees refined pores and a smoother skin texture. The therapist will then treat a series of relaxing facial massages and the application of moisturising cream. Suitable for all skin types, the treatment is designed to soothe one’s skin and clear any breakout spots.
- Dynamic Resurfacing Precision Peel – Whether the concern is ageing or uneven skin tone, dehydrated skin or lack of lustre, this Dynamic Resurfacing Precision Peel facial will resurface the skin to reveal a healthy, smooth complexion. Using ELEMIS’s clinically proven products to cleanse, treat and renew the skin, the therapist will start with a power exfoliation and then soothe the skin with a moisturiser. While the therapist massages the unique formula into the skin, one can drift off into a dream-like trance.
- CHI Facial – The CHI facial is a 60-minute treatment that will truly cleanse the skin and melt away the stresses of busy lifestyles. Designed to rebalance troubled skin, the facial aims to refresh the complexion with a purifying cleanse, relaxing scrub and a hydrating mask. All the skincare products are from the local brand PAÑPURI, which uses natural, organic ingredients such as botanical extracts. One can lie back and relax as the face is treated to a moisturising recovery — the skin will look fresh and radiant by the time he wakes up.
- Pathumwan Ageless Facial –At HARNN, a special blend of botanical extracts from water lilies, licorice and cactus are used in their Pathumwan Ageless Facial. Rich with anti-ageing vitamins and antioxidants, the 60-minute facial is designed to nurture sensitive skin and revive the complexion’s youthful softness. With a delicate sequence of facial massages, the therapist will ensure that all of the natural enrichments melt into the skin and reveal one’s complexion’s natural radiance.
- Ko Bi Do Facial – A luxurious anti-wrinkle treatment, the Ko Bi Do is SoSPA Bangkok’s best-selling facial. Combining ancestral Japanese rituals and modern French cosmetology from Cinq Mondes, the treatment reflects a holistic approach to skin renewal and anti-ageing. Beginning with a calming cleanse and the application of moisturising cream, an all-natural mask is up next. The facial also helps reduce puffiness, contour the face and plump up the skin.
- Away Facial – Combining ESPA’s stellar skincare products with the decadent surroundings of W Bangkok’s Away Spa, the treatment is designed to hydrate, uplift and slow down the skin’s ageing process. The facial begins with a thorough cleanse and brightening exfoliation to refine and smoothen the skin. A facial massage follows, and one is welcomed to doze off into dreamland as they nurture and nourish the skin with moisturiser. To finish, a clarifying clay mask is applied. Those with fatigued skin should come out with a visibly lifted complexion.
- Rose Indulgence at The Oriental Spa – The charm of roses is at its peak at The Oriental Spa: They have captured the moisturising, soothing, regenerative powers of the bloom and turned it into a facial indulgence. This treatment features rose and damask rose water, which help purify, nourish and nurture the skin. Rose essence, the star ingredient here, will be delicately massaged into the skin to enhance circulation. As the skin takes in a hydrating mask, a head and back massage is provided that leaves one feeling as great as the skin looks radiant