Apart from its iconic traditional landmarks, unforgettable wildlife encounters and vibrant cultural life, Thailand is known for its ever-expanding health and wellness tourism. This Southeast Asian nation is often dubbed Asia’s spa capital. We have chosen the top wellness retreats in Thailand where you can obtain world-class treatments and be able to enjoy top-notch health facilities. Many of these destinations also incorporate local traditions into their treatments, offering a unique and memorable experience for everyone. While visiting Thailand, one should not miss the golden opportunity to indulge in a relaxing and reinvigorating holiday. From retreats nestled in lush islands such as Phuket to urban setups in Bangkok, these are our 7 favourite spas across the country.
From reinvigorating massages to beauty treatments that give your skin that extra glow, we at Travel Motivations have prepared a handy list of spas in Thailand to make a stop at whether you are in Bangkok, Phuket, Hua Hin or Koh Samui.
So if you are looking for a sign to take a recharge break during your vacation, here it is!
- Four Seasons, Koh Samui – At Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui in Thailand, one of the highlights is The Secret Garden Spa, which is inspired by a “back-to-nature” focus on freshness, clarity and simplicity. Treatments incorporate natural plants and herbs grown on-site, along with ingredients such as lava shells and smooth Thai coconuts that are used as massage tools.
Additional amenities include private outdoor bathtubs and a garden spa pavilion. At the Secret Beach Spa Sala, guests can enjoy any of the signature therapies at the private cove in an al fresco setting accompanied by the cool ocean breezes and the sound of the waves crashing.
Guests are believed to love their spa concept as they use natural and organic healing products, including Thai herbs that are grown in the spa.
Two of their spa treatment rooms have an en-suite herbal steam room. All the spa treatment rooms have an outdoor bathtub, which is located in the middle of the resort’s tropical landscape where guests can listen to the bird songs and relax in privacy.
They offer two kinds of homemade signature drinks: Rosella Healer Tea and Butterfly Pea Tea. Guests are served complimentary, healthy and low-sugar spa snacks such as a coconut crisp and dried ginger.
Samui Fusion is their signature massage which was created by their two craftsman male therapists. It’s a dynamic massage combining Thai stretching and a deep technique. Fresh ginger paste is applied on the guest’s back, which helps with blood circulation and brings out heat from the body.
The three-hour-long ritual called “Tree of Life Ritual” is an exceptional concept where that gives the guests a feeling of revisiting their childhood. It starts by cleansing the whole body with natural coconut and Thai honey soap. Thai mothers used to follow this possess when bathing their children in the old days. Therapists steam tamarind leaves to wet the body before massaging them with soap. A honey and coconut scrub follows, finishing with a Kala Massage where therapists use two small coconut shells (called “kala” in Thai) to massage the guest.
Secret Garden Spa is their in-house coconut-based brand. All of the products are organic and include pure coconut oil, body scrub, face mist, sunscreen, and more.
- The Barai, Huahin – The Barai, at Hyatt Regency Hua Hin, is an award-winning destination residential Spa It has 18 remarkable treatment rooms and 8 exclusive residential spa suites located on more than 4.5 acres of serene beach adjacent to the Hyatt Regency Hua Hin. It has been created as a true temple of sanctity, echoing the beauty and purpose of ancient Khmer Aquifers, The Barai Spa is an enchanting escape from the intense outside world. It is an oasis of tranquillity amidst jungle-thick, colourful gardens, sparkling pools, and soothing architectural design inspired by ancient Khmer culture. Once inside, turn off your cell phone and enjoy the beauty of this place where peace and quiet reign supreme.
The Barai is a unique residential spa, where one would enter a place of calm and serenity and embark on a personal wellness journey, surrounded by grand structural beauty. This deeply healing environment offers a holistic approach that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit.
The Barai features suites designed to heighten the sense of tranquillity and accommodate the treatments as conveniently as possible. Each of the large suites features garden verandas in ground-floor suites or spacious balconies with views of the Gulf of Thailand from upper-floor suites, as well as private areas and beds for treatments and massages.
One can choose from massage, skin, facial, or full-body treatments, each of which reflects the healing energy of one of four elements: water, fire, earth, or air. Guests get to beautify their extremities with Thai therapy-inspired manicures and pedicures. For those who really cannot just sit and relax they can go and sweat out some toxins in the fitness centre.
- Banyan Tree, Phuket – Banyan Tree, Phuket is an award-winning spa located on the island of Phuket. Guests can escape to a Sanctuary for the Senses as they step into a world of unspoilt natural beauty and unparalleled luxury at Banyan Tree Phuket. Banyan Tree, Phuket is the first luxury spa in Asia to re-introduce an exotic blend of ancient health and beauty practices passed down from generation. Banyan Tree Spa celebrates the art of touch and the use of natural and native ingredients with a holistic focus. Guests can visit and experience a genuinely unique experience at this speciality spa in Phuket, Thailand.
They can indulge their senses with three signature spa experiences: Chevit, Cheva and Royal Banyan, or create their own spa experience by choosing from the menu of spa treatments.
Chevit, inspired by the Thai word meaning “life”, is a breath of fresh air from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Guests get to step back in time to revel in Thai wellness remedies and be comforted by the therapist’s healing touch which releases tension and stress.
Cheva, Inspired by the Thai word meaning “living”, creates a harmony of the body, mind and spirit to enhance holistic well-being. Guests escape into bliss as the therapist works on their tired muscles. While they get soaked in the natural goodness of coconut oil and herbs, the skin is left purified and renewed especially after exposure to harsh sun rays.
Royal Banyan is a well-loved treatment, that delivers the best of Eastern and Western massage techniques to improve blood circulation and ease muscle aches. It features a warm herbal pouch dipped in sesame oil. This signature treatment presents the quintessential Banyan Tree Spa experience like no other.
- Phulay Bay, Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Krabi – Extraordinary spa treatments at Phulay Bay blended well with the soothing rhythms of the Andaman Sea, leaving one in a blissful state of relaxation. The Spa at Phulay Bay combines the best of ancient and modern therapies with the finest quality ingredients and a holistic wellness approach. A vitality pool, wellness studio and spacious relaxation areas complement the rejuvenating spa experience. A Thai massage is experienced amid Krabi’s tropical gardens, a spa ritual where indigenous herbs bring the body and mind into great harmony, and a dip in the vitality pool where streams of water allow contemplative relaxation between treatments -at The Spa at Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, wellness is rooted in the fabric of Thai culture.
Guests can embark on their own journey to a restored and balanced self within the tranquil setting of the resort. There are eleven treatment rooms, including outdoor terraces, and frame views of the lagoon that reflect both contemporary and traditional Thai architecture. The spa menu is equally inclusive, which incorporates Thai, Asian and European techniques.
Along with world-class spa services additional amenities include a wellness studio for yoga and Pilates, vitality pools and steam and sauna rooms.
- Devasom Khao Lak – Devasom Khao Lak Beach Resort & Villas offers genuine hospitality and a doorway into the charms of the local culture and picturesque nature. The seaside hotel features 69 luxury guest rooms, pool suites and pool villas with spellbinding sea views. They also have two award-winning restaurants, a wellness spa, and many curated experiences to indulge in.
Devasom Spa and Wellness embraces the heavenly philosophy to deliver luxurious treatments with ancient healing properties, topped with heartfelt hospitality, to soothe the body and mind. Guests can indulge in the tranquillity and blissful atmosphere, and get pampered in a well-curated and customised spa and wellness journey. One can discover the oriental healing remedies combined with ancient Thai art, and Indian-inspired Western treatments to fully relax, balance and invigorate the body, mind and spirit.
- Peninsula, Bangkok and Metropolitan – The Peninsula Bangkok is developed as one of the finest hotel properties in Bangkok. It offers commanding city views, luxurious comfort, sophisticated facilities, extraordinary dining options and the legendary Peninsula service. The Spa is located in a stunning three-story Thai colonial-style building by the riverside along with a number of private suites with steam showers and an en-suite whirlpool overlooking the Chao Phraya River.
The senses are awakened by a world-class pampering experience at The Spa. Traditional methods from European, Oriental and Ayurvedic philosophies seamlessly combine with contemporary comforts at The Spa. The services help to maintain physical well-being at the fully equipped fitness centre. Guests can select from a menu of indulgent massages and facials or request that one of The Spa’s highly trained therapists create a bespoke treatment tailor-made to suit their specific needs for a truly wholesome and enlightening experience. Guests can select from a menu of indulgent massages and facials or request that one of The Spa’s highly trained therapists create a bespoke treatment tailor-made to suit their specific needs for a truly wholesome and enlightening experience.
Apart from enjoying the spa services guests can simply lounge by the pool with a nutritious Naturally Peninsula meal and relax in the sauna, steam room and plunge pools.
- I-Sawan, Bangkok and Metropolitan – Enjoy a daytime pampering escape or an overnight exclusive contemporary spa haven at i.sawan Residential Spa and Club at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. i.sawan Residential Spa & Club draws inspiration from Thailand’s ancient healing art and traditional massage. Guests can discover their personal sanctuary in six unique garden villas and nine treatment bungalows. Treatments at i.sawan Residential Spa & Club blend traditional Thai therapies with the best in contemporary spa and beauty standards.
Using Italian-made Comfort Zone skin care products, the expert therapists dedicate themselves to providing guests with a uniquely soothing experience. An extensive spa menu offers facial treatments, body wraps, body envelopments, body scrubs, and revitalising bath remedies. In addition, our spa includes a nail bar, a health and fitness studio, and a free-form swimming pool. Professional spa therapists of treatments and packages include facials, body scrubs, massage, exfoliation, pedicures and manicures. Guests get to pamper in style at the i.sawan bespoke spa in the treatment room equipped with a steam shower or enjoy a nightly dinner on the private patio, before turning in for a superbly restful night.
One can discover his personal sanctuary at i.sawan Residential Spa & Club, where peace of mind is found and thus they can emerge revitalised.