Whether one is throwing a wedding, birthday party, or corporate event, there is always one thing that everyone wants to be sure of. That no matter what happens, the guests should have fun. The host of the event takes up the responsibility to ensure this happens. Having entertainment at an event is a great way to make an impact on the attending guests. Providing unique forms of entertainment can ignite conversation about the event and boost brand awareness. Depending on factors like the theme, the industry one works in, the size of the event and the age of attending guests, there are various options for event entertainment. Entertainment could range from comedians, puppeteers and magicians, to dancers, live music and DJs.
Why Your Corporate Event Needs Entertainment
While keeping guests entertained is likely a top priority for any corporate event, there are additional benefits to hiring quality entertainment.
First, when one chooses a performer or act that is renowned or evokes excitement in the attendees, he surely would build a buzz before the event even starts. Even if the budget does not allow for a big-name entertainer, if the event is marketed correctly and hyped up this element of the event, the attendees’ attention is guaranteed.
Next, choosing the right entertainment reinforces your vision or brand. It bears repeating that outlining the goal for the event gives every single element purpose and direction. Consider what your message is and what kind/style of entertainment would best fit your brand, message, and purpose. A performer who doesn’t strike the right note (pardon the pun) can leave your guests with a negative impression.
Finally, one of the goals of your corporate event is to influence your guests, leaving a lasting impression they’ll talk about for weeks after. The word-of-mouth buzz from show-stopping entertainment can be invaluable.
Discussed below are a few things to consider when choosing entertainment for an event:
Know your audience
When choosing the entertainment for an event, it is important to know the audience and have a broad clear understanding of what their interests might be. Making sure the entertainment one chooses is age appropriate and fitting for the style of the event is vital to its success. One is not expected to have a balloon artist at a conference for CEOs, just like Brazilian dancers cannot be hired for a children’s event.
Get the right price
It is vital to do research before booking an event for entertainment. Once the type of entertainment is finalised for an event, the prices of different acts should be compared to try to find the best value. If one is willing to pay a little extra, he should ensure that he is getting the money’s worth for the right act.
Get some advice before booking
Doing research and speaking to people in the industry will help one choose the right entertainment for an event. Word-of-mouth can be the best way to find the right entertainment. It can help take the guesswork out of choosing the right entertainment and reduce the risk of choosing a poor act or hiring a poor performer.
Keep to the theme
In the case of a themed event, one must ensure that the entertainment that is chosen adheres to the theme. For example, if an event is circus themed, one might consider hiring a juggling act or a fire dancer and if the event is a masquerade, he might consider having a masquerade-themed dance act. This will assist with the cohesiveness of the event and will help with the success of the event as a result.
Consider the size of your event
The type of entertainment one chooses should vary depending on the size of the event. Consider having a more robust entertainment act for a more significant event of a larger scale. This often means more complex audiovisual requirements to ensure that the entertainment will be seen and heard from every section of the event space.
Entertainment Ideas for Corporate Events
- Photo Booths – People love photo booths, so adding them to a corporate event is a good idea. One can add social photo booths at a corporate event so that the guests can capture stills, GIFs and videos and share them directly on their social media. This will increase the popularity of the corporate event and make the company, throwing the party appear larger than life.
- Contests – A friendly competition is a great way to increase the engagement of the guests at a corporate event. Some exciting ideas include a caption contest, quiz-style game or scavenger hunt. The scavenger hunt is a favourite across almost everyone because it gives everyone a chance to test their clue-cracking skills.
- Celebrity Impersonators – A celebrity impersonator can spice up a corporate event. These entertainers and actors are skilled at making events exciting and fun, whether it is through putting on an incredible show or just mingling with the guests.
- Magician – There was a time when illusionists and magicians were only hired for birthday parties, but, now they have become a popular choice for professional events as well. With their mind-boggling tricks, magicians will amaze the guests and keep them interested in your corporate event.
- Comedians – Comedians can keep the evening fun and interesting through their jokes and funny stories. Hire comedians who perform for corporate events and can entertain the crowd with their corporate gigs without crossing the line and entering into the offensive zone.
- Fire Performers – Whether it is a fire-dancer, juggler or eater, fire performers can ignite any event. If one wishes to add extra drama and sizzle to a corporate event, fire performers are the best bet. The great thing about fire performers is that their acts are truly photo-worthy. The guests would surely share the incredible acts on their social profiles, making the event even more popular.
- Circus Show – Like magicians and comedians, circus performers have also become a popular choice for corporate events. You may have already seen circus shows being used in corporate events to make them more engaging. You can also increase the appeal of your corporate event by hiring aerial performers, acrobats and contortionists that will wow your guests.
- Breakdancers – Breakdancers can energize and amaze attendees with their sizzling moves. If the host wants the guests to get out of their seats and truly engage at a corporate event, breakdancers can make that happen. When the guests are seen dancing to the beat, the host can be rest assured that the breakdancers that he had hired have done their job.
- Graffiti Artist – If the budget allows, one can consider hiring a graffiti artist to present his/her brilliant work of art to the audience. This will prove fruitful if the event audience comprises senior corporate executives who do not want extra drama or unique acts and want things to stay formal.
- Caricaturist – Caricaturists are great for any event. In case one is planning a large conference, he should make sure to choose a caricaturist that works with higher tech. These artists can draw through tablets and the completed masterpiece can be projected onto a screen to entertain the formal attendees.
- Rock Band – A rock band will work fine for a corporate event if the attendees are below 40.
For instance, a rock band can be hired in an award event for the young employees of an organisation. The employees would love to hear the rock music by a professional band and their energy levels will stay high throughout the event.
- Dueling Pianos – Two professionals playing two pianos on stage can surely liven up a corporate event. Though this type of entertainment demands a hefty amount of money, it will provide the guests with a great experience.
- Casino – A corporate event can be turned into a live casino with casino game tables, professional dealers and slot machines to provide unique entertainment to the guests. There are many casino party planners present in the market who can help one plan casino entertainment at a corporate event.
These entertainment ideas can make an event more appealing, entertaining and memorable. Although all these entertainment ideas are great and we have tried to provide the best selection of ideas for a corporate event, they will not work if one does not consider the theme, the audience and the purpose of the event when selecting them.
For example, if you are planning a team-building event, duelling pianos would be a poor pick since it will not aid the agenda in any way. Similarly, one cannot choose a rock band as entertainment for a conference where most attendees are old-aged corporate executives. Thus one must be careful when choosing entertainment for an event he is planning as picking the wrong one can turn the corporate event into a disastrous one.
One should consider all the important things we have highlighted when selecting entertainment for the corporate event. Even after this, if you still find it hard to choose the right entertainment for your corporate event, seek help from a Luxury Concierge. Their fleet of professional event planners can help you pick the right entertainment that aligns with the purpose and theme of your event and appeals to your event audience. You can choose the one that best fits your need and budget. Travel Motivations take great pride in producing cutting-edge event experiences for corporate firms along with a bouquet of other offerings. We provide a variety of artists from virtually every entertainment genre to fulfil your company’s entertainment needs. Our widespread contacts with major professional agencies would provide a complete list of popular entertainers. We are here to help you on choosing entertainment services for your upcoming event. With the help of a Global Concierge Company, you can have Event Access to the best in town. We can also help you gain access to Exclusive Events Tickets that you might be eyeing for your next event. Our Bespoke Event Organisation would help you fulfil all your event needs.
A little word of caution – when planning an event, do not make the mistake of leaving the entertainment to last. By using the venue as a creative backdrop one can shape an entertaining experience that will heighten the atmosphere and create a lasting impression on the guests. Be creative and have some fun – the guests are sure to enjoy it much more.
If you would like some advice on choosing the right entertainment for your next event, please get in touch with us today.